Halloween Place Value Math Craftivity
Ask your students to think of a 2 or 3 digit number.
Either assign a variety of representations to your students or brainstorm as a class about the different ways that you could represent a number. Allow your students to use hands-on manipulatives as they create their representations. Include ideas such as:
- Standard Form
- Unit Form
- Word Form
- Expanded Form
- Place Value Drawings
- Addition Equations (Could you write an equation that results in your number?)
- Subtraction Equations (Could you write a subtraction equation that results in your number?)
- Represent as money
- A haunted house with the number in the roof and a different representation in each window.
- A spider with representations on the legs.
- A ghost with the number and representations on gravestones in a graveyard.
- A skeleton with representations written on the bones.
Pin For Later: